The store will not work correctly in the case when cookies are disabled.
Get all the latest information on events, sales and offers. Sign up for newsletter:
Seed Starter 8qt
All natural seed starting mix
- For all seedlings and cuttings.
- Promotes Root Growth
- Improves moisture retention
When to use:
Use indoors in the late Winter or early Spring to start seeds for transplanting into the garden.
How much to use when starting from seeds:
- Fill a shallow container with Espoma Organic Seed Starter. Peat pots or special seed starting trays with drainage holes make transplanting easier.
- Wet seeds and allow to drain.
- Plant seeds according to package directions.
- Place container in a warm bright location (avoid direct sunlight).
- Keep moist by misting with a spray bottle.
- When the plant develops its first true leaves transplant it into a larger container or outdoors in a prepared bed.
Note: Dig seedling out of its mix and extend handle with care to avoid damaging the fragile stem and root system.
How much to use when starting from Cuttings:
- Add seed starter to a clean container and wet the mix.
- Make a hole with a pencil, gently insert the cutting and pat the soil to close the hole.
- Keep soil moist until roots are developed and the plant can be transplanted.
We found other products you might like!